Tuesday, April 1, 2008

License to be silly

Not that I restrict myself to silliness on 4/1, but it's fun to have a day when others cut loose too in this often–unnecessarily serious life. After all, laughter is the best medicine so they say. So, with no further ado, here are some samples of silliness for your amusement:

http://improveverywhere.com/2008/03/09/food-court-musical/


A medicine man prescribed a long, thin strip of rawhide to his patient. The instructions were to eat one measure of it daily. After a few weeks, the patient returned to say he was done with the treatment. When asked how things were going, the patient replied, "The thong is ended, but the malady lingers on."

Three construction workers ate their lunch on a high I-beam. The Chinese one, sick of rice, complained: "If I have rice for lunch tomorrow, I'm going to jump." The Mexican one, sick of tortillas, chimed in: "If I have tortillas again, I'll jump too." The American one, thoroughly displeased with his bologna sandwich said, "If I have another bologna sandwich, I'll jump as well."
The following day, the Chinese worker opened his lunch, let out a disgusted grunt, and jumped. The Mexican worker, opening his lunch, sighed and jumped. The American opened his lunch, threw the sandwich and leaped off in fury.
At the funeral, the Mexican and Chinese worker's wives were crying softly into their tissues. Surprised, they noticed the American wife was chuckling. Appalled, they asked her how she could laugh at such a tragedy, to which the American woman replied, "He packed his own lunch."

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.' - Ronald Reagan

Last, and least:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

Got any funnies to share? :)

No comments: