Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall recital

It's been a very musical week. Thursday, Nov. 13 was Ri's recital at a local nursing home. When we left to go to it, I realized I had forgotten the camera and turned around to come back (I wasn't very far) ... only to realize, after all that, that the battery was dead. Father-in-law to the rescue with his camera, although I missed the first song: Scales and Arpeggios from Aristocats, as well as the group performance of Boogie, Woogie Bugle Boy, which was fun. This picture is while she sang "Scales," taken by grandpa. The camo headband and plastic bugle around her neck were props for "Boogie, Woogie."

Using my in-laws' camera, and not quite knowing how to work it as well as my own, I shot this for the last piece: You'll Never Walk Alone.


In other musical news, the church concert went well on Sunday (I sang in the choir and played flute), and Ri and I may do a duet for Christmas.

Well, Thanksgiving is coming up and I get the bird. :) I've only done a turkey 1 or 2 times before, so I'll be praying for things to go smoothly next week, between having the house clean and cooking a bunch of stuff I'm not used to. But, then again, I like doing different things. E.g. made soymilk and tofu today. Hmm, if my vegan niece shows up, maybe I can make her a Tofurkey. :D Ok, I'm not feeling that creative.

1 comment:

Linda's Sour Notes said...

I think the lime jello/mountain dew turkey would be a hit! LOL. Glad Ri's concert went well :)