Friday, July 23, 2010

Missing Haiku and Everything Else

I do plan to eventually blog again, as things are starting to calm down a bit. I've come to the point that no matter how much time I spend, things are not going to change with my mom unless God intervenes. Sad to say, but, in a way, I give up. I've run out of steam and feel that other aspects of my life have been neglected long enough and with nothing to show for it that I'm going to have to scale back. This doesn't mean that I am doing nothing--far from it. There are a large number of things that I must do--and soon. And many are ongoing. This means that I'm beginning to reprioritize this as a long-term status, rather than a short-term one. I hate it, but that's the way it is. Just this morning I reminisced about how it was about this date last year that I told mom about my pregnancy and how happy she was. I would have never dreamed this would be our situation one year later. I miss mom, even though she's not gone yet. Please keep her and us in your prayers as I figure out how to best fit the situation in with my life in an ongoing way.

To lighten things up, I'd like to post my first Haiku in quite a while:

Left Blank?

I find this funny:
"This page intentionally
left blank" isn't blank.

I look forward to seeing if any of you have been getting rusty with your haiku. Care to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is lonely,
Misses the times when you wrote,
Joy of funny text.