Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Controversial post--read at your own risk

Well, I'm kinda bored. Having to literally sit down by Ri to make sure she does her homework (that's another fulmination in the making), so, why not blog? Something that's been bothering me and I've been considering blogging about it, but now, well, boredom has forced me to it. Enjoy (or not).

Allright, no one (well, Christians in particular) don't like the secularization of Christmas. I'm right there, brother. But recently, it's gotten almost nasty. If anyone doesn't say "Merry Christmas," or says "Happy Holidays" it's like they're God-hating pagans or something. Well, I'm sorry, but I sometimes like to say "Happy Holidays." So sue me. It acknowledges that there's a season, not just a day, and it includes New Years. That's all. I'm not slighting Christians (since I am one); I'm not anti-God; I'm not part of the problem. Well, this one anyway. And I don't like having to feel guilty about using a shortcut for the long name "Christmas" either. And you know the one I'm talking about. I occasionally use it--on a list or secret file--where no one can see how heathen I've become.

Well, now that I've got that off my chest, let me say that I love my Christian brothers, but sometimes, well, they can be difficult to get along with. And if I get perturbed about some of this stuff, how about those that don't give a hoot about Christ or Christians. In standing up for our rights, let's not stand on someone else's. Can't we all just get along? :)

2 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Pagan.

Phlegon said...

Yeah, it's so easy to swing to the opposite extreme of an issue if we're not careful. "Happy holidays" isn't the problem--the prohibition of "Merry Christmas" by a vocal minority is.