Saturday, February 16, 2008

Zero Tolerance

Rog & Ri went down to the cabin this weekend, but I opted to stay home--not enough room with several other visitors this weekend. Apart from those short weekend getaways, I don't travel a lot, but when I do, I usually see a bumper sticker or two that amuse me. My last trip down to Cumberland had a doozy. Actually, it wasn't even a bumper sticker. It was a window sticker that took up the entire rear window. "No Tolerance for Intolerance." Complete with a swastika and a crossout "o." Roger asked what it meant (not that he didn't "get" it, but that he thought it was self-defeating in that it was not at all clear what the "political" affiliation was from what was given, but, in reality, it was clear enough). Playing on the ridiculous nature of the sticker, I said "Nothing at all. It's self-refuting." Ya just gotta wonder what these kinda people are thinking.

I think I need to get a bumper sticker that says "Zero tolerance for vehicle statements that make no sense" or "No tolerance for whatever I want to have no tolerance about. You got a problem with that?" Or "Everyone is intolerant of something. For most it's something totally misperceived and likely inconsequential."

Anyway, thought some of you might have some "doozies" to share, too. After all, there is a blog for crummy church signs. I'm sure there's probably another one for bad bumper stickers, but we can post 'em here too. Of course, if you have ideas for bumper stickers that SHOULD exist, do tell. Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

How about, I love being intolerant. It's what I do best.

Fro said...

SIL Ruth shared this "golden" one:
"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver."

Gives a new meaning to the golden rule, eh? :)