Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Disgusting jobs & the Superbowls

It was an interesting week last week. After having a few people over for the Superbowl, many of us got sick the next day, but not a consistent enough pattern to call it food poisoning--we think it was a highly contagious virus. We sure know how to throw a party. If it's not a fire that makes my guests evacuate, it's a horrible illness resulting in a Superbowl party that just keeps going throughout the week (a different bowl though). And Mariah's getting bunk beds this week! Anyone care to sleep over? :)

Which brings me to a show on cable about a guy that goes around doing disgusting jobs for a day called "Dirty Jobs" that I've seen a couple times. As most people know it takes a lot to disgust me, being a biologist of sorts. I would submit that this guy has never done anything worse than I have as a mom (and biologist for that matter). My entire family having had stomach flu last week (including myself), I think I can say, you just can't top that. Then there's maybe cleaning out the guinea pig cage or the cat box or the yard (dog). As a friend of mine with 4 children that seem to always be sick--particularly with GI ailments--says “it would be nice to get through a few days without having to deal with one of the many 'p'’s that accompany pets and children” (I'll be "delicate" and not spell them out for you). Wonder if anyone's submitted "mom" for a job for this show?

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. At the end of the day, I can at least take a shower and say, "It's all worth it," count my many blessings, and get ready for whatever gets thrown (or dropped, overflowed, spilled, etc.) at me the next day.

No comments: