Friday, November 20, 2009

Vacations and priorities

Something's wrong when the prospect of vacation seems laborious. Pretty sad. But that's where I am right now. Too much going on with Dr. and Orthodontist appointments. Sonograms, pharmacy, perinatologists, teacher conferences, recitals, church responsibilities, take-home work. This weekend marks one of my last good weekends to go away before the baby, and I passed it up. Not enough notice, and the prep before and after just didn't seem worth it. What's wrong with me? Anyone got advice for making vacations more "worth it"?

At any rate, had another sonogram and everything looked good. Those few things that couldn't be seen last time were visible this time. So from here on out, I'm just having close monitoring due to the gestational diabetes and medication I'm having to take for that. To that end, here's some new pics of Julia-to-be (who still is a girl, btw).

Profile

Alien baby!

So, the good news is, she's not running big--at least yet anyway.

Haiku, Haiku

Having trouble coming up with a topic for this week's haiku. No one suggested a topic ... hmm.
AHA! Thanksgiving!

"Turkey Day" bugs me.
"Thanksgiving" is much better.
Don't just stuff yourself.

And if you were to make any of these creations (be sure to look at all the years' offerings), I don't think you'll need to worry about stuffing yourself. I'm going to try a crustless, low-sugar pumpkin pie that maybe I can have more than a sliver of. :) And I'll just whine when others indulge in my favorite--pecan pie!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!