Thursday, October 1, 2009

Doctor visits and poetry

Well, while I may look pregnant, I don't feel very pregnant still. Just drained and starting to have joint and back pain. I could be chalking that up to my age! So I was pleased, since I haven't been feeling much movement, to hear the baby's heartbeat today at the doctor--and up higher. Apparently my uterus, which I can't feel either although baby books say you can (must be my abs of steel ;)), is right below my belly button, right where it should be for 18 weeks. So, according to the doc, I'm good. Also scheduled THE sonogram where we find if it's a boy or not (notice I didn't say boy or girl--not because I don't want a girl; I just think it's a boy). Ri wants a girl; Rog wants a boy; I want a girl for Ri and a boy for Rog, but we all want a healthy baby and don't really care. So, come Oct. 15, no more excuses to put off decorating the room and picking out things for the baby. I'm kinda looking forward to it. :)

Also had a glucose challenge today, surprisingly. I thought I was just gonna have a fasting blood glucose test, as I've had some hypoglycemic and hyperglycemic symptoms--nothing too bad yet--and since I have a family history of late-onset by and even before this age. We'll know the results of that in a few days, I suppose. But third trimester is when gestational diabetes is most likely to rear its ugly head.

And against my better judgment, but by popular demand, my first pregnancy shot:

And before I forget, the poetry thing is a weekly feature. Get your poetry chops ready for a new challenge tomorrow. :)

No comments: