Friday, October 16, 2009

Haiku and a bunch of other stuff

It's Friday again, and you know what that means: Haiku day. Last week, we had some very good submissions (keep up the good work!), and I was challenged to haiku about potatoes this week. Let's see how I (and you) fare.

What's Taters, Precious?
PO-TAY-TOES, TAY-TERS:
Sam taunts Smeagol over 'em.
Which movie is it?

For the story behind it, and a groovin' song, see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkrsPzEmrI&feature=fvw

Baby stuff

And the moment of truth came yesterday. It's a girl, and they saw no abnormalities! And here are some pics for ya:

Wavin' at ya!

Showin' off those piggies

Sucking her thumb? Doesn't she have a cute nose? :)

The boring part
(All about me)

Well, last week, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Saw the dietician yesterday and got a blood glucose monitor, and am amazed at how easily my sugar goes off kilter. No wonder I've been feeling weird. At any rate, it's not horrible, but something I'm having to work on. And they say it will get worse as the weeks progress, so please be in prayer. Little Julia is just a tad large for her age now, and I'd like to keep it at that.

4 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

Well, I can definited see the resemblance to her mother. Yeah, right! I just know she'll be a beautiful little girl and become a beautiful lady, just like her mom.

The Lady of the Holler said...

Love those ultrasound pics!


Sweet pototoes rule
Orange-y on the inside
Great with brown sugar!

Laceys said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7uyKYeGPdE

The Sparks Family said...

A girl—congrats! I am so happy for you and the whole fam. What a tremendous blessing!

On a sidenote ...

I don't do haiku
I would not know what to do
No surprise to you.

... but I thought I would be forbidden from your blog if I didn't at least try!